Friday, January 23, 2009

Rehearsal, update

Had my first real rehearsal for the off-off show today. Turns out that while the script is indeed bizarre when read, it's pretty fun to perform. Still not sure what the audience will think of it, but Amy pointed out that if we're enjoying ourselves they most likely will as well.

So pretty much every play I've ever done has had a "first" in it, like, "first time I got to kill someone" (Bent) or "first time I got to use an accent" (Lonestar). Looks like the first for this one is "first time I take off another man's shirt." Yeah. It's that kind of show.

I submitted to work background on Nurse Jackie Monday, because it's AFTRA, which is the only union I belong to so far (which means the pay makes the crappy long day worthwhile), and because they were looking for actors with rollerblades. Of course, this means it's an exterior shot, and the high for Monday is supposed to be 24. Only slightly problematic if you get to dress for the actual weather, but the last time I worked on that show we were dressed for fall when it was about 30 outside.

Naturally about 30 minutes after I submitted that, I got a response to another submission for a student film which would have me audition Monday at 12:34, which pretty much rules out any sort of background. If they were to actually call me to work on Nurse Jackie, I'd probably take them up on it, except for the fact that this student film actually pays. Rare beast we have here, and one I was fortunate enough to be a part of the last time I did a student film, before Christmas. Considering I need both the money and the footage for my reel, I think it's worth forgoing a day of background on the off-chance that I'd actually get cast in the film. Not to mention that House Productions is casting this particular film, and they do a ton of casting so it's sort of like I'm auditioning for them as well. We'll see.

Speaking of footage for my reel, the current tally of projects I did from which I have yet to receive anything stands at four. Two of those I think I'll eventually get. The other two were a while ago (one was almost four years ago--Jesus). I suppose this is one of those dues we're all supposed to pay.

No comments:

Post a Comment