Monday, February 2, 2009

Inching Forward

I'm actually going to work two days this week! Amazing! I submitted for some non-union background work on Ugly Betty, and they called me Friday to see if I was still available. That'll be a little rough since I'm non-SAG, pay wise, but money's money at this point and I don't think I've actually gotten to do any work for that casting office yet.

And I was just thinking today about sending a headshot to the under-5 casting lady at Guiding Light, since I've worked background for them for about a year and a half now and it had started to slow down, when the background lady called to see if I could work Wednesday. Most of the work I've done for them was as a bartender in their upscale restaurant set, Towers. This will be as a waiter in the casual restaurant, Company. Jill actually mentioned that it could lead to some under-5 work (that's a notch above background and below a day player; it means I'd have five lines or less), which will hopefully be true and awesome. I'm surprised she even mentioned it.

I'm starting to feel a little more pro-active lately, so I think I'm going to email the commercial agent I freelanced with the second half of last year. She hasn't called me in quite a while. I think she may be done with me, since I didn't book anything she sent me on. So I thought I might let her know my availability's a little more open than it was at the end of the year. The worst that can happen is she says no, or doesn't write back.

In other news I had some good rehearsals for the off-off show this weekend. I'm a supporting character and the part's written pretty thin, so the director wants to add a good backstory between me and the other supporting cadet. It's more or less working, and it more or less fits the play, but I always hate doing that because it feels so tacked-on and usually involves fudging either what the playwright wrote or what we as actors have to do. At least I've got more to do in the play now.

No comments:

Post a Comment